Social Media Promotions – Terms and Conditions
- Details and relevant information regarding the promotion, including how to enter, the promotion period, prize details, judging criteria are published on the respective social media channel (Details).
- The Details form part of these terms and conditions of entry (Conditions of Entry) and any person entering into a promotion is deemed to accept these Conditions of Entry.
- Only Australian residents aged 18 or over, with a valid non-commercial social account on the relevant social platform (including Facebook & Instagram) are eligible to enter (Eligible Entrants). Officers, employees and immediate families of officers and employees of the Promoter, the associated companies and contractors of the Promoter, and any other agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. The Promoter holds final the discretion on specific entrant eligibility.
- The Promoter of the promotion is Australian Health Leaders Pty Ltd (ABN: 73 615 471 746) of PO Box 1060, Torquay, VIC 3228 (Promoter).
HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION
- People may enter the promotion as set out in the Details above.
- To be valid a promotion entry will be deemed to be entered and valid when the entry is received and the entry appears in the relevant social media feed. The Promoter is not responsible for any misdirected or incomplete entries or any other technical difficulties associated with the entry process. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times during the promotion.
ENTRY MATERIALS AND CONSENT
- Entrants agree that the Promoter may copy, reproduce, publish, display, alter or distort the content submitted by the Entrant, and use it for any purpose (including without limitation, any future promotions or campaigns involving the Promoter) at any time in the future, and via any media, on a royalty-free basis. Once an entry is received the Promoter will immediately obtain a non-exclusive license to use the entry.
- Entrants agree to have their name and state published on the Promoter’s social media channels or website.
- The Promoter may communicate, advertise or run this competition using Facebook or Instagram or other channels. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. You completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit for a promotion (Content). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they possess full intellectual property ownership of the Content, and does not breach any privacy rights;
- the Content does not contain anything that is obscene or socially inappropriate or not suitable for publication;
- the Content does not contain viruses or malware; and
- the Content is lawfully posted
Without limiting any other terms herein, entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
AWARDING THE PROMOTION
- Valid entries will be judged or drawn by a AHL representative or appointed third party at the end of the promotion period in the manner described in the relevant promotion. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
PRIZE DETAILS & RESTRICTIONS
- Unless otherwise specified, prizes or any unused portion of a prize, are not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes must be taken as offered or directed by the Promoter and may only be varied at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- The Prize awarded may not be exactly as illustrated in displays or marketing for the Promotion.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize equal to the value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. An entry that is incomplete, illegible or otherwise invalid and will not be accepted. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Participation in or acceptance of a prize may be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by those involved in providing other goods or services included in the prizes (Third Party Terms).
- Prize participants are responsible for compliance with all applicable Third Party Terms and bear all risks associated with failure to comply with any of them. The Promoter assumes no liability (and will provide no compensation) to any prize winner and/or associate(s) who, as a result of any failure to comply with any Third Party Terms:
- are unable to participate in the prize (or any part of it); or
- suffer any other loss, expense or damage, including but not limited to any tax liabilities that may arise from winning or receiving the benefit of a prize
- Prize winners will be notified via the social media platform on which the promotion has been conducted on the date and in the manner described in the Details. In any event the winner will be notified no later than ten business days after the end of the promotion period.
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- Prizes must be claimed (by the winner making contact with AHL providing proof of entry and delivery address details) by 5pm on the date that is 5 business days after publication.
- 20. If a prize winner does not claim its Prize by 5pm on the date that is 5 business days after publication, the winner forfeits the prize and a runner-up replacement winner may be notified.
In the case of a runner-up prize being awarded (if any), AHL will publish details on the relevant social media platform within 2 business days of awarding the runner-up prize.
GENERAL PRIZE AND PROMOTION TERMS
- If more than one person attempts to claim a prize, the Promoter has sole and absolute discretion to determine which of those persons the winning entrant is.
- The Promoter may vary the Details, the terms and conditions of any promotion, the entry mechanic or the prize at any time. The Promoter may cancel or suspend a promotion at any time in its sole discretion.
- By entering the Competition, an entrant releases and indemnifies the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) from and against all actions, liabilities, penalties, claims or demands the entrant may have against the Promoter or that the Promoter may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an entrant entering or participating in the Competition or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable, (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
- The Promoter shall not be liable for a prize being lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way before they reach the winner or after they have been released to the winners.
- Prize winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in any promotion activity (such as publicity and photography) relating to the winning of a prize, without remuneration, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and imagery in any future promotional material.
- Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of a promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All information entrants provide (Personal Information) will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of administering this Promotion and contacting and verifying the winner.
- The Promoter may disclose entrants’ Personal Information (contact details only) to their contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities.
- The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012) as well as any other applicable laws.
- The Promoter collects the entrants’ personal information to assist it in running the promotion. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also expressly consents to:
(a) the Promoter (or any of its related companies) contacting an entrant by any means (including by electronic message or by phone) to let the entrant know about goods, services or promotions which the Promoter considers may be of interest to the entrant;
(b) the Promoter (or any of its related companies) disclosing the entrants’ personal information to other persons or entities who may:
(i) assist the Promoter in running the promotion or other promotions (including by sending electronic messages or phoning the entrant on the Promoter’s behalf); or
(ii) use that information, in any media, for their own marketing, promotional or publicity purposes (and each entrant expressly consents to such persons or entities contacting the entrant by electronic message or by telephone in relation to goods or services),
without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant. The express consent referred to in this Statement continues until the withdrawal of that consent is effective (as set out under applicable law).